New paper published in Advanced Sustainable Systems on the use of ordered mesoporous carbon with a high volume of micropores for electric double-layer capacitors. This work was in collaboration with Martin Oschatz & Markus Antonietti (Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces,).
New paper published in ChemSusChem. Our joint work with the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (INP Greifswald) demonstrates mixed Ti-Nb metal oxide electrodes for lithium ion application. Using electrospinning, the fiber mats are free of binder, free-standing, and can be directly used as electrodes. Per nanoscale engineering, the fibers also already contained sufficient amounts of conductive carbon within each fiber, so that no additional conductive phase needed to be added.
New paper published in ChemSusChem on a new multi-channel system to significantly boost the desalination capacity for capacitive deionization.
New paper published in Chemistry of Materials on the use of titanium disulfide as sodium intercalation material in aqueous media. In our quest to establish ion intercalation materials for water desalination, we demonstrate titanium disulfide as a battery-like electrode material highly suited to remove sodium ions from saline solutions. Pairing with nanoporous carbon to accomplish chlorine removal, no ion exchange membrane is needed in this hybrid Faradaic desalination concept.
Marco Zeiger has successfully defended his thesis entitled “Next generation electrochemical energy storage with nanocarbons and carbon nanohybrid materials”. Congratulations!
Like all years before, our team is again making a major contribution to the PhD student poster symposium of Saarland University. The event is being held in the Aula from 2-4 PM.
- Simon Fleischmann: Carbon onion / metal oxide: hybridization or nanocomposite? What system can deliver a better performance for electrochemical energy storage?
- Nicolas Jäckel: Performance evaluation of conductive additives for supercapacitor electrodes
- Benjamin Krüner: Novolac‐derived carbon beads for LiS‐batteries, supercapacitors, and capacitive deionization
- Juhan Lee: Redox electrolytes for high performance electrochemical energy storage
- Hwirim Shim: Lithium titanium oxide/carbon onion hybrid as an anode material for lithium ion batteries
- Aura Tolosa: Continuous hybrid fibers: highways for rapid electron transport in battery electrodes
Volker Presser is giving a seminar talk at the Bavarian Center for Applied Energy Research (ZAE Bayern) with the title “Electrochemical dilatometry for energy storage materials”.
PhD student Pattarachai Srimuk (Bank) has accumulated an impressive citation number – yielding an excellent H-index of 10 (google scholar).